PUBLIC HEALTH NOTICE RE: COVID-19
Health care professionals, including acupuncturists, have been given the green light to gradually resume practice. We have been directed to prioritize essential care needs and weigh the risk of breaking social distancing with the anticipated benefits of receiving care. Treatment is considered essential when a patient’s overall health and function has or will considerably decline without intervention. In this regard, we have been provided screening protocols to ensure the safety of our practitioners, patients, and the community at large. Following the guidance Ministry of Heath and the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncturists of Ontario, here are some of the changes we are implementing while the pandemic is active:
- The day before your treatment, we will call to do a brief pre-screening questionnaire to assess risk and benefit
- Prior to treatment we will screen again, which will include taking your temperature
- Both you and your therapist will be required to wear a surgical mask when in the treatment room together. If you have a mask, please wear it to your appointment otherwise one will be provided.
- We have scheduled more time between appointments so the air and surfaces can be cleaned
- We have suspended community acupuncture treatments due to need for social distancing and infection control
- We have suspended online booking due to scheduling complexity
If you would like to book a treatment, please call or email the clinic. We are happy to be back and ready to be of service.
Yours in heath,
The Red River Acupuncture Team