Dear Patients and Friends of Red River Acupuncture,
With the Provincial Stay At Home Order, many people are wondering if they are able to receive acupuncture therapy.
The short answer to this question is yes, as a Regulated Health Provider, I am able to provide services during lock down.
The long answer requires us to ask a few questions about what is essential.
To determine if in-person acupuncture therapy is essential at this time, ask yourself:
- Will my condition worsen without treatment (ie: do you have a chronic unstable condition that requires ongoing care or are you experiencing pain, injury or suffering associated with an acute decline in physical, mental or emotional health)?
- Am I likely to suffer further or not meet treatment objectives if treatment is delayed?
- Am I or my close contacts at high risk of experiencing severe outcomes if I contract COVID-19?
While I continue to implement stringent infection prevention and control procedures to keep the clinic as safe as possible, it is best to postpone treatments if the risk of potential exposure is higher than the expected benefit of treatment.
If you have any questions, please contact me and we can determine if in-person treatment is the best option for care during these unprecedented times.
Yours in health,
Carrie Johnsen R.Ac
COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control
To ensure the safety of our practitioners, patients, and the community at large, we are implementing the following policies and procedures in accordance with guidance from Public Health Ontario, Ministry of Health, and our College the CTCMPAO:
- The day before your treatment, we will call or email to do a brief pre-screening questionnaire that assesses the possibility of COVID-19 infection. You can click here to see the survey. If you have any questions, please contact us before your appointment
- The day of your treatment, you and your therapist are required to wear at all times while in the room together. If you have a mask, wear it to your appointment otherwise one will be provided
- To meet physical distancing guidelines and implement disinfection protocols, we have scheduled more time between appointments
- To prevent the spread of airborne pathogens, we have invested in an air purification system using HEPA, UV light and ionization and let the room lie fallow for 30 minutes between appointments